Spring Semester Update:
- Barnes & Noble will give a full refund for all cap, gown, tassel other graduation attire purchased, with receipt, as long as the items are not damaged.
- The offer to refund will be honored until the time of graduation, whenever that may take place, even if the ceremony is held virtually.
- To obtain a refund, students need to bring the purchased items, which may be opened but are still in sellable condition, with receipt and the credit card used for payment,?to the campus store.
- The campus store is closed until further notice, however, as soon as the store reopens, students may bring items?in for a full refund.
- Diploma frames will still be delivered to students, or students may request a refund.
- It is anticipated that some students may want to keep the cap and tassel to commemorate graduation. Since the cap and tassel are purchased as part of a set with the gown, the graduation garb vendor is in the process of resolving how to price individual components such that a partial refund can be made.
- Barnes & Noble is working with the graduation garb?vendor to develop a PCI compliant policy to allow students to mail items back to the vendor for refund.
- Barnes & Noble is also exploring options for students to return graduation items to other campus stores which may be more convenient.
- The website is still operational. Store pickup will not be available until further notice, and shipping will be the only option for online purchases.
- The store manager is working remotely to assist the campus, address needs, and seek solutions to unforeseen circumstances.
- Barnes & Noble is still?fully operational though not on campus, and the refund policy has not changed.
- The textbook vendor, MBS Direct is still fully functional, including the customer service phone line. The website to purchase textbooks is available, and books will still be mailed directly to students.
Welcome to The UB Bookstore!
To better?serve our students,?the UB Bookstore is TOTALLY online. Our textbook?partner,? MBS Direct ?offers a wide range of options, saving you up to 90%. MBS Direct provides options such as new and used books, textbook rentals, and e-books. Students can buy and sell, rent and return, and arrange for delivery of every book they’ll need, using bookstore credit in exactly the same ways. We are also offering fast, FREE shipping on orders over $59.00.?
Supplies Credit: Use Financial Aid to Buy School Supplies, Backpacks and Computers
If you are concerned about having funds to purchase supplies such as school supplies, Scantrons, Bluebooks, a backpack or a computer, ?we encourage you to sign up for the Supplies Credit program to use at The Hive (Textbook Credit, a separate program, is for textbooks at the virtual store). You'll find the link to sign up directly below My Student Center in the? MyUB portal . See the financial aid calendar for information about when you can sign up for the Textbook Credit and/or Supplies Credit programs.